Rugs are a great way to decorate any room. Rugs are also available in a variety of types. There are Turkish, Moroccan, and Persian antique rugs. Here is everything you need to know about Turkish rugs.
What Are Turkish Rugs Made Of?
Turkish rugs, also known as Anatolian rugs, are made of many materials. They can either be made of wool, silk, cotton, or any synthetic material as well. Obviously, wool and silk Turkish rugs are going to be much more expensive than the synthetic version.
They are also quite luxurious in feel and appearance and they have beautiful designs and patterns which can add a lot of oomph and charm to any room. Turkish rugs are easy to decorate your room with, but they do require maintenance from time to time.
What Is The Price Of Turkish Rugs?
Turkish rugs, like any oriental or luxurious rug, are expensive and an investment. They are beautiful and durable, but these qualities come at a price. Since these rugs are made completely by hand and the designs are exquisite, they are expensive and come at a high price.
Synthetic rugs are cheaper in price and they cost anywhere from $30 to $100, but if you’re considering a real and woolen Turkish rug, then it is going to cost anywhere from $5000 to $45000 depending on where you get it from, the quality of the rug and the size as well.
Are They Durable?
Turkish rugs are expensive, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t durable and have to be treated like spun glass. They are extremely durable and they can last you for years. The main reason why these rugs are strong is because of their weaving technique. It’s a tight knot and this imparts the necessary strength that makes these rugs sturdy and durable.
Turkish rugs also have a sentimental value to them and they can be passed on from generation to generation, as a sentimental gesture. So, this gives a lot of proof that these rugs are durable and are meant to last long, as long as you maintain them properly.
Types Of Turkish Rugs
There are several types of Turkish rugs.
- Anatolian rugs have a rich design and pattern and this is a symbolization of Turkish heritage and culture. The knots are done in a way that makes a unique design and pattern. They are also made and weaved in Anatolia.
- Bergama rugs are made in the small city of Bergama, in Izmir. It is one of the largest Turkish carpet weaving centers and the designs are specific to this city as well.
- Canakkale rugs are flat woven rugs and the material used in making these rugs is wool. These rugs have a rich color scheme and mostly dark colors of red, blue, green, and yellow are used.
- Dosemealti rugs are geometric patterned rugs. These rugs are heavy because they are made of wool and are made in a variety of colors.
- Hereke rugs are Turkish rugs that are primarily made out of silk. It is the most popular and oldest weaving center in Turkey and the rugs made are of amazing quality and the patterns are beautiful. Silk rugs are a bit more delicate and less heavy, but they are beautiful, nonetheless.
Are Turkish Rugs Handmade Or Machine-Made?
Turkish rugs are mostly hand-woven. They are made in months and the knots are very specific, which can only be done by hand. The intricate patterns are only possible by hand. These rugs also take a huge amount of time to get weaved.
An average 1×1 ft. rug will take months to get complete from start to finish. This requires a lot of technique and workmanship. The workers also put a lot of dedication into making the designs of the rug, which makes it a special and very sentimental gesture, altogether.
There you have it! Turkish rugs are nothing less than a work of art and they can add warmth and character to any room and make it look even more stylish and inviting. To buy Turkish rugs, find stores that have genuine, high-quality traditional rugs Virginia because every rug seller wouldn’t have real Turkish rugs so beware and spend your money carefully.