The quartz countertop contractors have made sure that you buy quartz countertops and countless others because of their lifelong durability and maintenance but little do you know, at one point, these countertops may give decide to give you a hard time.
Durability of a Countertop Stone
Every natural stone such as granite, marble, limestone etc have the ability to become a little unstable over time. Since marble is a soft stone, it becomes prone to scratches and acids earlier than the others. As warned by granite installers, the trouble begins when you see cracks forming in it.
Methods to Fix Cracks in Countertops
We took some advice from the quartz countertop contractors for cracks fixture and according to them, any solid surface can be fixed using the most useful ways mentioned below.
- The super glue method
- Epoxy filler method
- The Super Glue Method
The super glue is a substance composed of cyanoacrylate. This method is beneficial in the case of extremely narrow cracks on the countertop surface.
What will you need?
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Ultra-fine Scotch Brite Pad
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Blow dryer
- 220-grit and 400-grit (super glue)
- Cyanoacrylate (super glue)
- Use ice to expand the crack as solid surfaces tend to contract upon cooling. You can use ice bags and put them on either side of the crack for better results. Let the ice sit on crack for 45 min approx. after which you will be able to see the expansion.
- Apply some hydrogen peroxide into the crack and use a toothbrush to clean it. If the stains are too dark or won’t go away, scrub with a chlorinated detergent.
- Use rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) to rinse the crack.
- Draw some lines 1/16 apart from edges by the crack for a better application of glue. This is the best kitchen countertop.
- Use the blow dryer (more on the hotter side) and start heating up the crack on either side. You’ll notice the cracks slowly closing in and completely disappearing after heating for about 20 min. After the crack has closed, you will still be able to see the mark you’d drawn earlier.
- Grab the super glue (Cyanoacrylate) and use it right above the crack.
- Now leave the countertop for a day, at least, and do not perform any chore until the glue is super hard and bonded with the countertop. This will give the countertop excess of time to gain strength.
- For a smooth countertop surface, first, use 220-grit sandpaper and rub it against the crack, then use 400-grit paper for a fine and non-abrasive surface.
- Use the Scotch Brite to polish the area. Usually the granite installers want to make sure that the Scotch Brite pad is ultra-fine grade.
- Epoxy Filler Method
This method is more preferred than the super glue method. There is a fat chance that the glue might wear out after some time but with Epoxy filler method, the fixture will be permanent.
- Two-part epoxy kit
- Denatured alcohol
- 120-,220-,400-grit sanding discs
- Wooden popsicles
- Artist paint brush
- Use denatured alcohol to disinfect the crack.
- Take a disposable surface, take out two beads of epoxy fillers on it along with a hardener to fill the crack.
- Use color pigments or paint and mix it with the bead filler to get achieve the tine of your countertop.
- In order to produce the epoxy, mix the hardener to the filler.
- Use a good amount of epoxy for the application on the crack. Use a craft stick to apply it and let it sit there protruding above the crack surface for better results.
- The next step is examination. Step away and watch carefully. If the epoxy blends with the countertop then let it sit there for some time and if not, use paint to adjust the color. If everything is fine and then let it get hard. If you hurry too much, you will need to call granite installers Chantilly VA for the fixture.
- Starting off with 120-grit, scrub the area until you use 400 grit.
- Finish off by polishing the area for a sparkly look.
The quartz countertop contractors may tell you that quartz doesn’t need such heavy maintenance but be prepared always.
Now with your newly renovated kitchen and those attractive granite countertops, you are assured of giving the “heart” of your home a completely rewarding and refreshing look. But the makeover doesn’t stop there; you have to consider also your kitchen tools and appliances if they are still worthy to be part of your new kitchen or if they too, need to be replaced.
With the vastly changing of innovation and technology, kitchen appliances are also joining the “new look” batch, which will make you astonished about how high-tech and modernized these cooking tools are now.
Here are the kitchen appliances that have now transformed into an innovative cooking partner.
THE MODERN KITCHEN DEVICES
An Oven With A Mind Of Its Own
- You read it right, ovens are getting their own brains now and can already think for themselves. It is a Wi-Fi-enabled oven that can already determine the heating temperature and cooking mode based on the recipe that will be given. Just choose the dish you wish to prepare, pick the way you wanted it cooked and indicate the type of cookware you will be using, and instantly the oven will turn on its convection or will start up the broiler if you wanted to roast a perfect chicken from this innovative contraption.
A Fridge Cam
- Okay, so your fridge now has a camera of its own. It works like a virtual assistant kitchen gadget because this suction-mount cam can send pictures of what’s inside your refrigerator straight to your phone. In this way, you can easily find out what you need to shop at the grocery or supermarket. There is also a sensor mat which you can place inside the fridge or on your counter or cupboard that can alert you when your food is starting to run low.
- Well, if 3D printers can create basically everything from wardrobe to customize cars, it’s no surprise that even meals and gourmet dishes can now be enhanced too. This can help Chefs and Chef-at-heart on how to prepare an Instagrammable meal. This 3D printer can transform any liquid into a solid, gourmet-looking piece. This appliance makes use of the flavors from the food extracts like juices and broths which it will use to enhance any kind of dish from sushi to cocktails.
A Savvy 3-D Printer
- This printer can technically print dough in any form and shape regardless whether it’s detailed butterfly-shaped cookies or breadsticks which looks like a microphone. So, if you need a little help, these modern kitchen devices are worth considering.
The Responsive Cooktops
- Induction Cooktops are a thing now in almost the entire Europe and some part of the world too, actually. Aside from being efficient and classy, they have no emissions. There’s even an induction cooktop that can adjust depending on the size of the pan being used. It also has a sensor that will automatically stop a boil. Wow, just wow.
A Stove In Disguise
- You will be surprised that an induction cooktop can now be mounted underneath your counter and can look like a regular surface when not in use. This is how you define camouflage at its finest.
Unbelievably Strong Countertops
- If you think that the granite or quartz countertop materials are the hierarchy of their kind, there is a new breed of large-slab countertops that are designed to be as sleek as a jewel box but tough enough to resist scratches and scorches.
A Kitchen Island with a Touch Of Fine Art
- Are you a fan of the Transformers? Well, you can and probably may have them right at your kitchen disguising as a kitchen island. Kitchen islands and built-ins are becoming more convertible that adapts to our everyday needs like expanding, contracting, and hiding completely like it was never used. Inspired by the minimalist concept, this stone-slab island is a countertop that slides open to show the sink and a mounted cooktop. Just slide the counter back after use to make it look like a modern table – only a bit bigger, and no one will notice that it’s a countertop.
A Hidden Surface
- If you’re worried to lack table space when your whole gang arrives for chat and coffee, fear not, because you can now incorporate the hidden peninsula concept in your kitchen. It’s a pull-out table that can be extended up to 40 inches to give enough room for dinner catering to a number of people. You can just slide it back in at night after you clean up. It is usually made from salvaged-wood which the granite installers Potomac can assemble, making it look classic and vintage with a modern twist.